Rainbow 6 question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Joe Spratley, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Joe Spratley

Joe Spratley Stunt Coordinator

I just got Rainbow 6 and I'm on the second mission. I am wondering if it is like splinter cell in that when you die and restart the enemies are always in the same positions? IMHO this ruined splinter cell. They wouldn't allow you to save the game when you wanted to only at predetermined checkpoints. When you got killed you had to go back through knowing exactly what was going to happen until you got back to the part where you died. Sometimes it would take 10-15 minutes to get back there and if you didn't figure out how to overcome the obstacle before reaching the next checkpoint then you had to keep repeating the same boring things over and over again. The first time or two through a new checkpoint was exciting and tense but after that and knowing what was going to happen made it tedious and boring. Towards the end I just wanted to finish just to get done with it. They should have done one of two things either make the enemies random so that its different each time or allowed you to save when you want to that way you wouldn't have to keep repeating what you just did. If Rainbow 6 is like this I don't even think I'm going to mess with the single player game.

2. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

It does hurt the replay value of the game a LOT though, they really should have randomized the enemies. Online playing co-op missions, you will hear things like "Cover the left side between the second and third pillar and shoot the guy that pops out when I walk past this box".

3. James T

James T Screenwriter

I never realized the enemies were planted at the same spot. Didn't the previous Rainbow games have the bad guys randomized? Because I remember playing the stealth missions and I couldn't remember where the people were, so I had to rely on the heart beat sensor.

4. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

I know when playing system-link co-op the enemies are not always in the same places, but I think they are in single player campaign mode.

5. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Hmmm, thats weird. I can only save TWO times in Rainbow 6 three, and if I reset the system all my saves are gone, I have to start from the beginning of the mission...

Sam

6. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

The amount of saves depends on the skill level you are playing at.

Easy- 3 saves
    medium- 2 saves
    hard- 1 save

7. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    OK, that makes sense. But does it make you start from the beginning of the mission instead of your last save on all levels once you turn off your machine? Even if I just quit a mission to main menu, I cant load my save, it makes me restart the whole mission.

Sam

8. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    The saves are used only while playing that mission. Once you quit the game, all your saves are lost.

9. Joe Spratley

Joe Spratley Stunt Coordinator

I have experienced this as well. This happened to me several times the other night. The guy was right in front of me and I unloaded almost an entire clip yet I was the one that got killed.

10. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

I have noticed on the "Terrorist Hunt" missions the enemies are definitely not spawning in the same place.

11. James T

James T Screenwriter

What weapons are you using?

I haven't played R6 enough to know the variety of the guns, but in the first R6 game, I used to always use a M16. The gun is great for long distance attacks(mostly one shot kills), but if you have someone standing 10 feet away from you and you empty a clip, you may not kill him. The problem was that an M16 is a long distance rifle where bullets have the ability to spread apart by a couple feet. You'd probably want a close counter gun. But like I said, not enough R6:3 experience to give my input. In the first one, I used a CAR15. It was great for close combat, but sucked at long distance.

Another tip is to fire in short controlled bursts.