What's new

Rain related problems. or Thank god im a movie nut. (1 Viewer)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
It's Sunday late afternoon, im minding my own business watching The Color Of War on the History channel and waiting for a phone call from a friend. It's also raining like hell outside. All of a sudden the screen get's all pixelated and I loose signal.

Because I live in a apartment and I cant permanently attach a dish, I have to readjust it and the 4x4 that is attached to my railing with pipe clamps. So I adjust it and go inside, still no signal. Back outside I go again. This time when I grab the dish I get a small shock. I take the LMB off and notice there is NOTHING for weather protection for the connection. I concede that im done watching the dish for now and decide to go inside.

Going inside did not work out so well. I accidentally locked the sliding class door. Im on the second floor, but the first floor is about half way underground. So its only about 8-10 feet drop from the bottom of my balcony to the ground. I climb over the side, jump down, brush the grass of me and go inside.

I resolve to go rent a movie because I wanted to watch something I have not seen. I get in my truck and go to my video store. Not long after I got there the rain really starts coming down. I rent my movies(Paths of Glory and Memento) leave the store and proceed to get wet. After driving through at least a few 2-3 foot deep puddles I get back to my apartment and there is a fire truck there. While I was gone the carport that I park under fell over onto the cars. Watter built up on a slope behind the carport and knocked it clean over.

If I had not rented a movie, my truck would be under a pile of bricks and wood. Although if it had't been for the rain and my dish going out of service I would have never left to go get a movie.

So how was everyone else's weekends?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Allan, sounds like someone is looking out for you, keep doing what you do ;)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Sometimes things happen for a reason. Some times you win somrtimes you lose. You lost your signal but you won a undamaged truck. Congratulations

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Aw, nuts. I thought this thread was about me. :frowning:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
me three. how scary is that! :eek:

glad you (and your truck) made it in one piece. you must have some excellent kharma. :emoji_thumbsup:

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Yeah, ya know Rain you just piss me off so much I felt I had to post about it. ;)

Also its been 3 working days since this happened.Nobody at our apartments had heard anything about when the carport is going to be demolished and removed. Everybody has been without there car's for three days without hearing anything.

If it was me I would have been out there yesterday with a reciprocating saw and some buddies getting my truck out.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Wow Allan...guess people aren't very pro-active there! I would have gotten my car out, with the help from neighbors -- after taking a lot of photos for evidence of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks