What's new

Rain Of Madness Documentary (1 Viewer)

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
So I've been hearing some good stuff about Rain of Madness.

I guess the filming of the war movie with Robert Downey Jr was plagued with problems and they filmed some so they could make a behind the scenes for it, but while they were filming the actual war movie they had all kinds of problems, and the documentary dude had enough to make his own movie just about how hard it was to make the regular one.

It looks really good. Anyone know when its coming out, or will it go straight to tape?

I really like Robert Downey Jr, I hear he does really good in the war movie, Tropic Thunder. I guess they are saying its better than Platoon!
cant wait to see it.

Anyone else?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I can't tell if you're playing it straight or not...

Rain of Madness isn't a real "documentary," unless Tijuana's Shrieking Donkey Award is real. ;)

Edwin-S

Senior HTF Member
Who is saying that Tropic Thunder is better than Platoon? I've seen the trailer for TT. It's a comedy, not a serious war movie. Anyone comparing Platoon to Tropic Thunder might as well be saying that Kumquats are better than Kiwifruit.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I don't really get it. "Rain of Madness" is supposed to show the behind the scenes struggle to make the movie. But isn't that what "Tropic Thunder" is anyway? So we get two movies about the troubled production of a movie. Okay. But where's the real "Tropic Thunder" that's played straight? I want to watch that. Was that ever completed? I guess for the answer I'll need to watch "Rain of Madness" and/or fake "Tropic Thunder". :rolleyes

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
"Rain of Madness" is just (part of) the viral campaign for Tropic Thunder.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
No. I don't even know where DaveGR got that Platoon reference.

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
I dont understand what some of you are talking about? I mean, I havent seen much for Raiin of Madness yet but I hear its going to be really good, and that Tropic Thunder is like, going to be one of the best war movies ever! Its not a joke movie, people, like, died in Vietnam, and its not cool to act like its all just a joke to you.
I have a friend who has a cousin who was, I think, 1st Grip during the making of Tropic Thunder and those boys went thru hell to make that film to pay tribute to all those who lost their lives in South America during the Vietnameesee war and stuff. I hear Robert Downey Jr is really down to earth and was way cool too.
The Documentary I guess is really going to show what they went through to make it. I hear someone died but I havent heard what happened.
I think Robert Downy Jr could win an oscar for it, guess I still need to see it before I make those predictions though. Ben Stiller I hear is really good too and might get a Supporting nomenataion.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I know. My post was tongue-in-cheek, but I'm about to seriously over-analyzing this.

I know the viral marketing is trying to create its own world (one in which "Tropic Thunder" is really an epic Vietnam War movie). But it seems like a flawed way of attacking it since all of the commercials and trailers make it very clear that "Tropic Thunder" is actually a comedy about the making of a fictional movie called "Tropic Thunder". Wouldn't it have made more sense to just title the actual movie "Rain of Madness" and make it a faux documentary about the making of "Tropic Thunder" or something?

See it's this half-assery that tears the whole thing apart. If you're going to sell it, sell it. Have the actors go all out and do in-character talk show appearances like Sacha Baron Cohen did with "Borat". They just don't get it. And that's what's wrong with all these so-called "comedians" like Ben Stiller. ;)

Edwin-S

Senior HTF Member

Engaging in a bit of viral marketing of your own? You aren't really being serious with this post are you?

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
Look, I dont know what or why your Hatin' on my post man, its like your opinion.

Whatever, but yes its real, whats the deal? These guys went through a lot of hard stuff to make this movie to show apresiation for the guys who gave their life in wars and stuff.

What gives you the right to say that they didnt go thru it all, or whatever your saying against them?

Whatever, but does anyone else been waiting to see them? I really think they are going to be good, I hope what I keep hearing about it being better than Platoon is true. I cant wait.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
In the trailer, with the shot of one of the guys running with a helicopter exploding in the background, I couldn't help but think of Vic Morrow's death while filming the Twilight Zone movie.

Edwin-S

Senior HTF Member

I can't find any references.

On another note, the first part of Tropic Thunder sounds like it takes some of its beats from The Stuntman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewyWaffles
Recent bookmarks