What's new

Pre-Order Rain (1932) 90th Anniversary (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I will hold out a time. If it's a good seller on Blu-Ray?
They may try and milk people to get the 4K deal?
Time will tell!
A 1932 B&W Joan Crawford movie that was a critical and box office flop released in 4K UHD? Yeah, that's really gonna happen! If any 1932 B&W Joan Crawford movie ever gets the 4K UHD treatment, it would be Grand Hotel which is a best picture Oscar winner and if that happens, I'll clean out my cat's litterbox with my tongue!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I don't think VCI has ever release a 4K title.

No label has ever released a 4K title...until they did.

Which doesn't mean I think VCI will, but I'd never have expected ClassicFlix to release one, either, and yet they've announced plans to. As have some other smaller-scale (i.e., not Criterion, Kino, Arrow, and Shout) boutiques

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Is Grand Hotel that far-fetched? Maybe because better sources can't be found. But it is a great beloved American film for people who have no problem with classic black and white films.

It is one of the few films where I find Lionel Barrymore's ham stuffed performance enormously moving.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is Grand Hotel that far-fetched? Maybe because better sources can't be found. But it is a great beloved American film for people who have no problem with classic black and white films.

It is one of the few films where I find Lionel Barrymore's ham stuffed performance enormously moving.
My short answer is yes, it is far-fetched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks