What's new

Raiders in HD (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
:angry:
[rantbegin]
[rant]72 more days until my local AB$ station receives a copy of the grievance letter headed to the FCC via overnight on 4/30/02. Any class action suits around to net be 30 cents or so?? I don't really care at this point, they haven't responded to any email or calls regarding their status and I'll do all I can to get them fined on a daily basis if they violate 5/1/02.[/rant][/rantend]
Sense any frustration. ;)
Edit: Didn't know rant mode was only bold mode so I added my own tags.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I don't suppose Dinotopia was shot/posted for an HD transfer?

I'm not sure about the dropouts here in Cinci; I just checked the movie out from time to time. I can't really enjoy a movie with commercials...it's hard enough to watch CSI and Alias with commercials in HD each week. I love HD, but it destroys the film for me...I'd rather watch a movie on DVD than have commercials on HD.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
It looks very good, even downconverted to 520p via the DTC-100. Wish I had a 720p set.
That's why I thought it looked only progressive and not 1080i. :)
Still, while 720p or 1080i would have been great, it still looked damn good (though a tad dark I thought).

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
That's why I thought it looked only progressive and not 1080i.
Frankly, 540p is possibly the better choice for showing 720p material on a 1080i display...but especially video-based 60fps stuff like sports.
Anyhow, I think RCA did a good job. 720p is never going to look as good on anything but a 720p set. Well, I guess if you have 1440p.... :)

Jim Benard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I got tired of the commerials also. I will just wait for the DVD. I hope we get a H.Ford comment track. There is a great story about the scene with the big sword and the black Ninja guy getting shot that only he should tell.

AllenD

Second Unit
Great HD picture and 5.1 sound! My jaw was on the floor the whole time, unless commercials were on. :rolleyes:But I don't remember ordering cereal with the 5.1 sound! :angry: ABC has to get those darn snaps, crackles, and pops off their broadcast somehow. Hopefully The Temple of Doom won't have the same problem tonight.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
the pops were annoying. At least they do commercials right. CBS sucks, they aren't windowboxed and look like crap. ABC's look clean and windowboxed.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Another WOW picture from the world of HD. I had a few friends over last night and switching between HD and sat showed them without a doubt the superiority of the HD signal. Granted none of my friends are going to run out and buy something on the scale of a HDTV and decoder box, but still, every convert counts, right?

Pieter

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
On the DTC-100...a 720p broadcast is converted to 1080i...not 540p.

720p and 1080i broadcasts are shown as 1080i....all other formats are broadcast as 540p.

Eric

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Since my local ABC station has never even bothered to upgrade to stereo, I won't hold my breath for HD.

Anyhow, I gave Raiders a pass.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think the center channel is too low. i couild hradly hear anything goes opening song.

same as last night too low.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Well if the center channel is too low, we won't go deaf listening to Kate Capshaw screaming. :)
So far, so good picture-wise. The HD broadcast, once again, is 2.35x1 widescreen. They say it is edited for content...I'm guessing the open heart surgery by hand will be trimmed. So far, death by shish-kebob was fair game. I've always wanted to do that. :D
Also, the movie is in a 2.5 hour time slot this time. I hope that means fewer commercials. Otherwise, I may have to fire up the grill...
Oh, and the Verizon intro to the commercials was hilarious.
- Steve

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I noticed a bunch of small cuts, for one IJ ejecting the shells from the gun in the car at the beginning. It cut right to him handing her the gun.

It went 26 minutes before the first commercial, that was pretty good.

Jim Benard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I thought the quality of the video was much better on the Temple of Doom vs. Raiders. Might be because of the age of the originals? It will be interesting to see if Raiders on DVD doesn't look as good as Temple of Doom on DVD.

Anyone have any ideas on the timeline for the 4th Raiders? Will they move forward to the 60's to make H.Ford age properly?

Paul W

Second Unit
It seemed to me there were excessive compression artifacts in places (especially fade ins/outs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks