What's new

RAGTIME deleted scene on DVD (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
In the deleted scene on the new DVD of RAGTIME, who is the actress who plays Emma Goldman? Its very strange that there is no credit for her anywhere...not even in the audio commentary

TonyDale

Second Unit
I hope someone can identify her, I've been wracking my brain and using all of my resource at hand to glean this information.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Interesting that Maureen Stapleton won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar that same year (1981) playing Emma Goldman!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't had a chance to view this yet.

Does she look familiar and you just can't place her?

Or, does she seem to be an unknown?

DeeF

Screenwriter
I just watched it. I don't know the actress playing Emma.

But I recognized Fran Drescher as the screaming woman on the street!

DeeF

Screenwriter
The woman who played Emma Goldman was Mariclare Costello. There was a long article in the December 21, 1981 edition of the New York Times about the omission of Emma Goldman from the final cut. Costello was interviewed in the article as saying that she was disappointed, but didn't expect the movie to make her a movie store. Her scenes were deleted because (and this is the official reasoning) they slowed the pace of the film.

TonyDale

Second Unit
Mariclare Costello! the name rang a bell, and the imdb didn't send of any alarms, however, checking the Internet Broadway DataBase, I realized why the name was familiar.
From 1964 to 1970, she was very active on the New York stage, with credits in HARVEY, A PATRIOT FOR ME, LOVERS AND OTHER STRANGERS, TARTUFFE and AFTER THE FALL.

Ron Hayes

Auditioning
Some will have a clearer image of Mariclare Costello if you saw the cult 1971 film, "Let's Scare Jessica To Death".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks