1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

RadioShack FusionAV Cable -- A Contendah?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Kane, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

In looking around for 3 pairs of audio cable for new 6-Chl interconnects (got DVD-A capable DVDp)I ran across some new-to-me RS audio cables that push closer to audiophile quality -- FusionAV series.
    HERE is the 3-footer for $25.
    Like the Outlaw PCA Copper cables, these RS are twisted pair conductor, but add a ferrite filter for more EMI/RF shielding. What do you think about these FusionAV audio cables?
    Here’s what I dig up this morning:
    Outlaw 1.2m $130 x6
    RS Fusion 3-ft $150
    AudioQuest Copperhead 1.5m $213
    AR Pro 3-ft $180.

2. Colin-H

Colin-H Second Unit

Isn't your estimate a little high on the RS cables? They're $25 per pair, it seems. That's only $75.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

You could build (or find someone to build) with Canare supplies and spend about $20 for a pair of 3 footers.

-Vince

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I'm guess the Shack is trying to kill two birds here. The twisted pair geometry has better common-mode rejection than coaxial or twinlead so it will be more immune to magnetic
    induction. The star-quad even better, that I think Vince is talking about is even better.
    I imagine the ferrite is there to knock out any RFI/EMI that may be present on the line. Notable is that the Shack states these cable are shielded. If the shield is connected at both ends it could conceivably undermine the noise rejection properties of the interconnect. The Shack is pretty good with responding to email inquiries, and sometimes will send back engineering drawings.