radiohead live album for preorder

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Broeska, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Matt Broeska

Matt Broeska Stunt Coordinator

hey all. in case anyone didn't know, radiohead is releasing an 8 track live album. it's up for pre-order right now at amazon.co.uk on both cd and vinyl . it includes the title track among others including "true love waits."
    very exciting.
    ------------------
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

2. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

Radiohead must have us all figured out... A live album with eight tracks for nearly the price of a "full" CD when bands like Pearl Jam are releasing whole series of concerts with nearly thirty tracks on two discs for just a dollar or two more per concert... A single with one unreleased track and one extended track for $7.99...
    Still buying, of course, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing Radiohead go "all the way" with this live track thing.

3. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I must admit that I'd much prefer the release of the whole Oxford concert, but then I'm biased [​IMG] Still, I'll be getting both formats anyway, like the fanboy that I am.

4. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

I thought I heard that they would be doing a 'proper' live release to coincide with a possible concert DVD next year.
    I didn't think this was one meant to be a live 'album', rather a single for 'I Might Be Wrong' with live tracks instead of the usual studio b-sides.
    Either way, "True Love Waits" and the live version of "Like Spinning Plates" makes this a no-brainer.
    ------------------
    "Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

5. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

One small question for those who might know; which tracks are from which concerts? The NME story said which gigs they were from (including that one track was from Oxford) and gave the tracklisting but didn't join the two together.