What's new

Radio Shack SPL meter (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Biggest improvement in the sound of my system for only $40. You really cannot balance speaker levels by ear. I can't tell you how many people have said "I balanced by ear and it sounds great" and then go buy or borrow and SPL meter and come back and say how off their "by ear" settings were.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Actually yeah. I was kind of surprised to see some of my levels off by that much, but I noticed it sounding better the next time I watched a movie, the surround channels were more involving. I had them too low (and I was aiming to have them a bit hot in the first place!).

But I still need to take a whole afternoon and go through a serious calibration, that was just the quick back and forth flipping and tuning. Probably about 80% there, but I'm willing to put in the time to get to 100%.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I went to my local radio shack today and asked if they had any spl meters left, all 3 employees on hand looked at me like i had 2 heads. They had NO CLUE what an spl meter was. I had to go on one of there display computers and show them it on their website. Only 1 store, out of the around 10 in the buffalo area had 1. Still $39.99.

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Same here in Maryland they had no idea about it and the ones he found in the computer were 40.00. Then again the guy working there wasn't too sharp in the first place. I just ordered a digital model online.

Ed*Wheaton

Agent
Man you guys can get those SPL meters for a song! $69.99 here at Radio Shack in Canada.That's like $500 US...lol

Ed:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks