What's new

Radio Shack remotes....I need a new one. (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I have the 15-1995 (7-n-One IR/RF) which I really like. I just added a JVC-XVS60. The play and pause buttons do not work. I contacted there CS and they said I am SOL. Looks like this one is headed for e-bay.
So I need a new one. Any recommendations on a similar model? I do not need the IR/RF repeater, just the remote. Learning is probably the way to go.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
I really like the Marantz RC1200 I purchased two weeks ago - backlit LCD, learning, macros, and you can operate it by feel and in the dark. It strikes a good balance between having fewer buttons than some, while having a jog wheel/LCD for less common functions. Another choice would be the Universal Remote MX-500. I have not personally used it but it gets good reviews.

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
J&R music has refurb Prontos (TSU1000's) for $100-120. Just a thought. Nice remote and a great price
------------------
Luke, I'm your father

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Ron,
I have the 15-1994, the model right below yours. Even though the manual does not indicate so, all of the buttons on the remote have learning capability. I'm at work so I don't have the cheat-sheet I downloaded from the Internet in front of me, but learning may or may not be possible with the 15-1995. Worth a shot.
If it isn't, Radio Shack has just replaced the 15-1994 with a new model that looks pretty sweet. It lists for $39.95, but I can't tell you the model number off the top of my head.
If you're willing to spend a little more money, the MX-500 that Chris mentioned seems to be the hard-button remote to beat right now. It's selling for less than $150 on the Internet.

BruceD

Screenwriter
Ron,
Have you visited this site before?
RS customization
They tell you how to dump and reload the memory contents of RS 1994 and 1995 models of remotes. They also explain how to make a simple cable to connect to the Paralle port on your PC, provide the software and have contributions from many on new device support.
I was able to get my Parasound preamp supported on the 1994. After calling Parasound and they telling me it wasn't possible that I should buy an MX-500, I wasn't about to spend $150 on a new remote.
I've customized all my button positions with the JP1 cable and IR software customization tools from this site and can recommend it highly!
Bruce
[Edited last by BruceD on October 31, 2001 at 04:27 PM]

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Ron..I was IN RS yesterday looking at remotes...I was told they have a new one comming out....supposed to have display, prgrammable etc... should be out in couple weeks.. price is 139.00... I just picked up thier 7-1 and its ok..probably use in bedroom. I need atleast 9-1 or better for my mains...

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,
As a proud owner of an MX-500, I have to recommend that you purchase one immediately, if not sooner.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, they can be had for less than $120 nowadays and they are simply the best hard buttoned remotes on the market today (IMO).
Check out RemoteCentral.com's http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-master/list.cgi
"Historians of science have long said: A body of knowledge that does not fit in with prevailing ideas, will be ignored as if it does not exist, no matter how scientifically valid it is."
My Spare time larcenists
The worst HT in America.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks