Radio Shack 15-2104

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chet_F, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

I found a 6 in 1 remote from Radio Shack for 19.99. It is on sale for an unspecified time so check ahead before driving out there. It is the model 15-2104 and can be programmed via a computer. The only hard part is making the JP1 cable to use with it which I am presently working on. I just used the standard codes from the book and it can do alomost everything my current remotes do. I belive 40 to 50 of the buttons can be programmed for each device selected. I'm still reading the manual so I don't know all of it's features but for 20 bucks it is well worth the value.

Good luck,
    Chet

2. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

You must have gotten lucky with a misprice. The Radio Shack Web site shows the sale price as $29.95. I'll definitely check out the store near me to see if I can get a deal.

3. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

If anybody doesn't want to build his or her own JP1 cable, they're available pre-made.

4. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Ken Seeber:
    The website says 29.99 but in store they are 19.99
    Go figure???? Then again it's Radio Shack. Best bet is to call ahead. I always call ahead. Half the time they don't have the items and the other half of the time they are just clueless. At least that's my experience. It's funny they're still in business.

Good Luck,
    Chet

5. Ken Seeber

Sorry for the double post ... I plead weird early-morning server hiccup! See post below.

6. Ken Seeber

They're clueless only half the time where you live? Man, you've got pretty competent staff where you live! [​IMG]
    I have the older 15-1994 remote (or whatever the model number was) that the 15-2104 replaced. It has X-10 control capability and Radio Shack carries plenty of modules for it. But not one employee I've asked has the faintest idea what the stuff is and they have no idea what master control unit I need. They look at me like I'm speaking Sumerian whenever I start asking about it.

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

8. Ka Yuen

Ka Yuen Agent

I have a discontiued Oneinall 8080 that has a JP1 connector, that the user manual does no even mention.
    What does the JP1 connector do? Appreciate any information.

9. Michael A Clark

Michael A Clark Auditioning

Ka, check out this page:
    http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/index.shtml
    It will tell you everything you need to know. I have been using my Radio Shack 15-1994 for about two years. Just this weekend I finally built a JP1 cable for it. I should have done that WAAAAY before now. I was able to clean up several macros that I had been running with just a few mouse clicks. Without JP1 it was too much of a hassle to reprogram the macros....
    --Mike

10. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Michael A Clark:
    How many macros can you program on your remote. That is the only part I have yet to decipher from the manual of the 15-2104. I think the only macros for the 15-2104 are for your favorite channels. I've figured out the ALL-ON feature..which is nice. I'm sure once I get the JP1 cable built I will be able to discover many tricks I can program.

11. Adam

Adam Stunt Coordinator

I went to my local Radio Shack and the price was $29.99.

12. Michael A Clark

Michael A Clark Auditioning

Chet, I'm not sure how many macros you can program, I assume it's based on how much memory they consume. I certainly don't know all there is about this remote, I just kinda scratch the surface with what this thing will do. I think the 1994 can have macros on any keys, not sure on the 2104. You can check out http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/manua....shtml?15-2104 for a much better manual on the 2104.
    --Mike