Radio or some kind of interference heard on center

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Kain_C, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Kain_C

Kain_C Screenwriter

Nov 17, 2002
    It just started recently. I can pick up very strange noises on my center channel. It sounds like someone with a cell phone with the two way feature. Sometimes it sounds like weird beeps and such. It's very prominent too. When I mute my receiver, I can still hear the sound. I just replaced my cheap KLH center because it sucked AND I heard the same kind of interference on it. So I got an Athena that sounds much better but it still picks up interference. Can I fix this?
  2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jun 3, 1999
    Well, Kain, the typical home-theater system involves a forest of electronic pasta in the form of cables, speaker wire, and interconnects. All this material is a magnet for electronic interference. So, if you have a few people in your area into ham radio or CB radio, there's not much you can do. Selecting the best-shielded cables you can find is just about all you can do at this stage.

I don't know of any recourse available to you (that is, legal action you could take in a country that's increasingly hostile to litigants).