What's new

Radio or some kind of interference heard on center (1 Viewer)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
It just started recently. I can pick up very strange noises on my center channel. It sounds like someone with a cell phone with the two way feature. Sometimes it sounds like weird beeps and such. It's very prominent too. When I mute my receiver, I can still hear the sound. I just replaced my cheap KLH center because it sucked AND I heard the same kind of interference on it. So I got an Athena that sounds much better but it still picks up interference. Can I fix this?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, Kain, the typical home-theater system involves a forest of electronic pasta in the form of cables, speaker wire, and interconnects. All this material is a magnet for electronic interference. So, if you have a few people in your area into ham radio or CB radio, there's not much you can do. Selecting the best-shielded cables you can find is just about all you can do at this stage.

I don't know of any recourse available to you (that is, legal action you could take in a country that's increasingly hostile to litigants).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks