What's new

Radeon VE good for HTPC? (1 Viewer)

Westly T

Second Unit
I run a 15" flat panel and my Sharp projector off my PC and I've noticed a small noise pattern in the video when both monitors are connected to the cable splitter. I'm thinking of this card because of the reputation radeon has as one of the best for DVD cards and this card has 2 ports. I've been told by ATI that the second port can be configured to display the same image as the first or be used to extend the desktop, so it's perfect for my setup. Currently I'm using a rage 128 on a 500Mhz PIII. Most DVD's play smoothly, but last night when I played Terminator II in DTS it was a bit jerky at the beginning.

So what is the consensus, should I go for it?? Cost at the local store is $69 and on line for as little as $44.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I own the VE. While it may work, it is a royal pain for dual monitors and powerstrip custom resolutions.

I believe the 7500 (for dual output) does not have these issues and would recommend that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks