Radeon All in Wonder question...Anyone have this card?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by DeathStar1, Jan 20, 2005.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2484683

I was looking at this product and noticed that it now comes with a built in FM Radio Tuner.

With this included, I can finally move my stereo elsewhere and get rid of a whole bunch of wires. Plus more easilly record my favorite radio show...

But I have one question. How good is the reception on this radio, and can it be adjusted if it comes in fuzzy? If my stereo isn't in the right place, the reception is terrible...but at least I can adjust it.

Thanks for any help.

2. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

I would have to guess that the card has a antenna input on it. Proper position of the antenna would take care of fuzzy reception right?

3. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

FM is in the same band as TV. The signal will come in just fine from your TV antenna. Of course I'm assuming you have one connected, to use the TV tuner feature, and you're not using CATV which overlays a bunch of TV channels on that bandspace.

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

We did have a TV Antenna on the roof, but we hadn't used it in years, and was just recently taken down. But, I'm always using CATV for the TV Tuner feature..

So this means that unless I have an antenna of some sort, that the FM feature won't work, or is it more like a Walkman in terms of reception?

5. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

I wouldn't expect it to work at all, no. Even if it had a separate connector for an FM antenna -- which it probably does not, although it may have 2 TV inputs, one for CATV and one for broadcast -- without something attached to it that F connector won't pick up a signal. Now, I once used a paper clip as an antenna to pick up a station, because I was directly underneath its tower, but you won't be able to do that I imagine!

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, If it does require an antenna, are there any mini antennas I can buy and attach to it?