What's new

Radeon 9600 pro with dvi to component and silent cooler HTPC ready! (1 Viewer)

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
This is the perfect setup for building a HTPC, and has everything you need for a cool quiet way to output HD to your HDTV via component video. Asking 90.00 plus shipping OBO. Card is under 1 month old and the heat sink and fan have under 5 hours of use on them. I can e-mail pictures upon request.

Here are the specs on the equipment

Power color Radeon 9600 Pro AGP 4x/8X 128 mb. Includes original Driver CD, Hitman game cds, and Cyberlink DVD Solution Suites CD. Also includes S-Video, and RCA video cable, and a DVI to VGA adaptor. Here is the URL for the full specs
http://www.powercolor.com/product.asp?id=35

Also included is a ATI DVI to component Video adaptor that supports SD and HD resolutions including 480I 480P, 540P, 1080I and 720P. This will allow easy hookup to a HDTV for use in a home theater PC.

Lastly I added a arctic cooling VGA silencer (rev3) to the card for near silent operation and to vent heat out of the small form factor case I was using. Note the fan connector was different on the new fan so I had to splice the proper connector from the original heatsink and fan on to get it working. It was done with crimp type connections and well insulated with electrical tape, unfortunately the stock heatsink was sacrificed to use the connector, I can send it also if you want.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

The card has a VGA jack on borad as well as a DVI/VGA adapter, meaning I could run 2 VGA monitors off this card?

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks