What's new

Radeon 8500, and Audigy Record Problem (1 Viewer)

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I have both a Radeon 8500 DV video card and a Soundblaster Audigy Platinum sound card. My problem is that the audio record always defaults to Line-in 2 on the audigy, instead of line-in 1, which is where it needs to be.

Is there someplace in the Radeon set up options that I am missing that allows you to select what audio input you want to record when you record tv?

This is getting really annoying, as I always have to go into the audio options and change the audio record option. And I can't really set anything up to record in the future, cuz even if i manually set it, when the time comes for it to record, it goes back to line-in 2.

Any help?

Thanks,
Stu

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Mike:

I had this problem before (with an AIW 7500 and an Audigy 1), and it seemed to be addressed in an update of the TV software. Go to Link Removed and download the updated drivers. This SHOULD fix the problem. :)

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah all 3 of the updates that came out Jan. 10, 2003.

This is really annoying, I can actually open up the "record volume" control window, where it shows you the volume controls to record at for each input. I select Analog Mix to record, which is what the Line-In is a part of, and when I open the TV program, I watch the little check mark move right over to the Line-In 2 input. This sucks.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Mike: Make sure the TV version is 7.7.

Go into setup, then to the initialization wizard. Click through the first 2, then on sound initialization, select "what u hear."

A menu should pop up allowing you to select other inputs. select the appropriate input to allow you to connect to the PCI portion of your Audigy card (preferably line in).

HOPEFULLY this will work. :)

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Brian, I can't believe I never went through the initialization wizard. You are the man.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
No prob, Mike. Glad I could be helpful.

As a suggestion, just make sure you go into the line in jack instead of the Microphone jack. The sound you get is a good bit better that way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks