What's new

Rack Mount HTPC cases? (1 Viewer)

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Mine was rack-mounted using a rackshelf from Middle Atlantic. The problem I found with most rackmount cases is that they, being designed for servers, render farms, etc that would live in a dedicated room, are loud as hell with lots of fans projecting air and noise forward.

-greg

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure if you bought an empty case though, you could certainly modify the fan situation to your liking. Replace the PS (or order it w/o PS) with a whipser quiet one.

Would be a good location for a 5.25" breakout box also..

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, mostly companies use them due to their space efficiency. But there isn't anything saying we could build one for home use :)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, the rackmount PC's of today are for companies, not people. Does anyone remember the first PC cases with the buttons on both sides that you had to push to lift the hinged top off?

The idea was to put your monitor on top of them, putting it at eye level, but the whole concept went down the drain. What happened?

Glenn

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
are rack mount PC's and amplifiers even interchangeable in the same rack?

IE is a 2U PC case the same size as a 2U amplifier? (Crown CE-1000?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks