What's new

Rab C Nesbitt- released on Region1? (1 Viewer)

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Will this great TV series be released in America? Have you guys across the pond watched it? Can you understand the heavy Govan accent? (especially in the first series)

:D

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Not bleedin' likely! I don't think this has ever been distributed in America in any form (DVD/Video/TV broadcast).

Unfortunately, shows that were aired here in the past like The Goodies and Kenny Everett Video show stand about the same chance of getting released in America!

Oh, it's so good to have multi-system video/DVD equipment!

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Man I hate that we show most of the US shows (esp. trash like Friends all the time) but our classics are never/hardly shown in the US at all (or perhaps only on BBC America)...stinks if you ask me..

Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
Only Fools and Horses
Rab C Nesbitt
Father Ted

I understand you've imported some Region 2 Rab C Nesbitt DVD's?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Not any Nesbitt, sorry I was so vague (though I did consider buying a PAL VHS several years ago to sample, but never got 'round to it). Was just saying how nice it is to have a multi-system VCR and DVD player as it opens up a lot more choices!

A friend just sent me some PAL VHS tapes with some B/W Till Death Us Do Part from UK TVGold, some shows from the latest series of Have I Got News For You and some off-airs of the new Doctor Who, for instance.

Blackadder, Fawlty and Father Ted are currently shown on BBC America. I think Fools and Horses was on several years ago. I hate how that channel is overloaded with "reality" series, though (crap like Changing Rooms, Faking It, etc.). Not much in the way of "classic" British programming, though there is at least some.

And, of course, many (though not all) PBS stations run at least one or two British comedies (usually Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By, Waiting for God or Last of the Summer Wine).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks