What's new

R4 Wonka vs new WS R1 release (1 Viewer)

Nicole P

Stunt Coordinator
I have been watching with interest the R1 Wonka uproar and am delighted that fellow OAR enthusiasts succeeded in getting Warner to release a widescreen edition.
I picked up my R4 copy in June last year and it is a 1.78 anamorphic PAL transfer. Recently Warner released the P&S NTSC 30th anniversary edition here in Australia. This makes me worried that we will not see a PAL release of the WS anniversary edition.
Does anyone know how the new R1 anamorphic edition holds up against the old R4 copy? The extras are very tempting but I would only get another copy if there was an improvement in the film transfer itself. Certainly won't be getting the NTSC full-screen release.
Cheers,
Nicole P.
------------------

"So where does the power come from, to see the race to its end? From within."

Nicole P

Stunt Coordinator
Darren,
Thanks for the links. I have used those sites extensively in the past.
What I was interested in is whether a new transfer has been mastered since the R4 release and whether this is the print used for the new R1 release.
Cheers,
Nicole P.
------------------

"So where does the power come from, to see the race to its end? From within."

Nicole, it is my understanding that the R4 release is infact the same transfer as the latest R1 release, obviously the R4 release is a 576 vs 480 frame.
Cheers
Stephen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks