1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

R4 Priscilla Queen of the Desert video quality

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John Lloyd, Jul 12, 2004.

1. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

I was rather disappointed with the quality of this DVD. I was expecting the anamorphic transfer to rather good. Although I don't have the non-amamorhpic R1 version for comparison, I can't believe it is much worse.

I was playing the movie on my Momitsu V880 which has done a good job with other "foreign" regions. So if you were thinking about buying this version for the picture quality, I recommend sticking to the R1 version.

2. Tim Fleming

Tim Fleming Stunt Coordinator

Considering it cost just a tad over US$5, I think it is quite reasonable.

3. Kai Penttila

Kai Penttila Agent

I got the very inexpensive 10th anniversary edition for the extras, especially Stephan Elliott's commentary, and can't complain.

4. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

The 10th Anniv. edition is now OOP. Get it while you can.

5. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

I just got mine in the mail a few days ago. While the supplements are nice and the audio is much better then the R1, the image leaves much to be desired. The colors are way too saturated, the contrast too high and they used a sometimes scratched theatrical print.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but it's slightly different from the US version. I noticed lines of dialogue here and there that were dropped from the American version.