What's new

R4 Priscilla Queen of the Desert video quality (1 Viewer)

John Lloyd

Second Unit
I was rather disappointed with the quality of this DVD. I was expecting the anamorphic transfer to rather good. Although I don't have the non-amamorhpic R1 version for comparison, I can't believe it is much worse.

I was playing the movie on my Momitsu V880 which has done a good job with other "foreign" regions. So if you were thinking about buying this version for the picture quality, I recommend sticking to the R1 version.

Kai Penttila

Agent
I got the very inexpensive 10th anniversary edition for the extras, especially Stephan Elliott's commentary, and can't complain.

Will K

Screenwriter
I just got mine in the mail a few days ago. While the supplements are nice and the audio is much better then the R1, the image leaves much to be desired. The colors are way too saturated, the contrast too high and they used a sometimes scratched theatrical print.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but it's slightly different from the US version. I noticed lines of dialogue here and there that were dropped from the American version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks