R4 Battlestar Galactica delayed until 2003

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, May 29, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I found this article over at http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/index.cgi?page=News&id=3220
    This is great news indeed and hopefully this will turn into a worldwide release next year
    Here is a sample
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "In 2003 there will be a lot of activity surrounding the 25th Anniversary of Battlestar Galactica, including a planned new television mini-series. I believe the decision to postpone the release is the best we could make at this moment. I say to fans - you are being heard, just hold out a little longer - you'll not be disappointed."
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

3. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

A well done set of this series at an appropriate price point would be great. Since I can't afford it right now anyway, next year is fine.

By your command.

5. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

Definitely on my to-buy list. Galactica was one of the best sci-fi series, second only to TOS Trek, with Space: 1999 coming in 3rd.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Couldn't they have delayed it earlier? 13 days before street is a LITTLE LATE!
    I'm going to go cry now [​IMG]
    Hypothesis
    Universal US said "Oh no you don't!" and now they're planning a worldwide release for Galactica's big 25th. Probably now they may spring for the director's cut of the pilot to be put together, some commentary tracks and all that
    Universal, if the attendance by the production people at the BSG Reunions is any indication, you can get one HECK of a documentary. I'm sure that Terry McDonnell and Jim Carlson would be very happy to do commentary on "Fire in Space" and "Take the Celestra" and that Richard,Dirk, Herb, Jack Stauffer and the rest of the surviving cast would like to do it as well
    PLEASE PLEASE get Terry "The Man" Carter to do some commentary. Never have I met a greater gentleman. He's 60 something, and he sat up till 2AM chatting with us, simply because we were fans.
    THIS Will make up for any delay

7. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor