What's new

R2's BTTF 4 disc sets - what about R1? (1 Viewer)

John*D

Second Unit
So R2 Europe and R2 Japan are both getting 4 Disc BTTF sets in November.

So what about R1 and what the heck is going to be on the 4th disc? Anything that we don't already have in R1?

Considering it's going to be the 50th anniversary of when lightning struck the clock tower...

:thumbsdown: This sucks...

Photo of artwork from R2 (from Amazon.co.uk).

Info on the Japanese version (they always get all the crazy cool stuff):

http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7622

Jerome

Second Unit
this new 4 disc R2 box set still not includes some audio commentaries, available on the R1 DVD.

the R1 DVD is the most complete edition of BTTF

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
How about releasing corrected V2 versions like they said they were? I live in SoCal and every store has the old set.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
The corrected release is available from Amazon.com at least where I got mine so I give Universal some credit on their handling of this issue. Perhaps the stores in your area ordered many copies of the initial release when it was new and still have a lot of old stock left.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
The first three disks of this set with the films on are identical to the existing set in R2/4. This means that the Australian and UK releases will also have DTS for the films.

As said earlier the bonus disk will have the bonus features they missed of the R2/4 set compared to R1.

However as they are not remastering the first three disks they will miss out on the extra commentaries. I would rather have these than DTS.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
A question about the DTS in R2, what sources were this DTS mix derived from?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Oh boy......that's going to open up a very familiar can of worms.

Well the answer to my question is apparently that the DTS track was created at the same time as the DD tracks. Thanks.

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
A 20 year old film with limited fidelity. Not really material that can shine with half bitrate DTS. Parts II and III are another matter though.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I personally thought the DTS tracks on the R2 BTTF set were stunning.

I picked up both the R1 & R2 set when they were released to get the best of both worlds, so I won't be buying this "new" set.

Anyway, I have a feeling that R1 might be seeing some ultimate editions in the near future, which will hopefully include the deleted Stoltz footage.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I doubt we'll ever see the Stoltz footage, anymore than we are ever going to see the Keitel footage from Apocalypse Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks