R2 Wizard Of Oz - What's Going On?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mark Oates, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Mark Oates

Mark Oates Supporting Actor

After getting PR bumf that the UK would be getting ostensibly identical two- and three-disc sets of the 1939 classic The Wizard Of Oz, it's now starting to look as if only the two-disc version is going to be available. Retailers are only listing the two-disc set, and if they have offered the three disc, they're now listing it as "not available" or TBA. Warner's PR companies are tight lipped and of course the Studio's UK presence refuses to communicate with mere mortals, so where does that leave folks wondering what's going to happen to their order?

Found out - In the UK it's an HMV exclusive. £18.99.

2. Dale MA

Dale MA Screenwriter

Dale
    I'll be shipping mine from amazon.com, I don't want to take any chances, just in case HMV knocks some features off the 3-disc set -- also Warner Brothers in the UK don't seem quite as good as there US counterparts (the UK Hitchcock signature collection was a awful).

3. Mark Oates

Mark Oates Supporting Actor

Dale, the HMV version will be an absolute clone of the R1 edition as far as I can tell. However, they're currently quoting a price exactly the same as importing the R1.[​IMG]

4. Peter Svensson

Peter Svensson Second Unit

Anyone know whay kind of packaging the R2 will have? I´m not sure if both the 3-disc and the 2-disc on R1 will get digipack or just one, but I will buy the digipack edition.