What's new

R2 release of Hard Boiled? ++ (1 Viewer)

anyone know anything about this? In typical UK fashion, release will confirm what everyone does not know, but can slaver over. Tartan is the releaser, and this site - the R2 Databse - is showing this title to be 16 x 9 - possibly.
any words from anyone?
http://www2.r2-dvd.org/DBDirect.jsp?COMMENT=2684
------------------

David Sams

Auditioning
Chris
This is a reissue from Tartan of Hard Boiled. There first attempt was cut, 4:3 and dubbed
frown.gif

This new version set for release on the 19th March is to be uncut and feature an anamorphic widescreen transfer, original Chinese language with English subtitles along with interview with director John Woo, original theatrical trailer, still gallery, star filmographies, on screen article & uncut Scene Comparison. :)
Looks like being an expensive day the 19th over here what with Ring and Terminator : Special Edition being released that day as well. :)
Regards
David

Got it today, and it's REGION O!! it'll play on any dvd player?!?!?!?!
I'll let you know how it looks.
drool.gif

------------------

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...indeed it will, except that, being a DVD from the UK, it will be PAL, not NTSC...
. . .

Hendrik - yes it is anamorphic, and yes, right, it is pal (using an Apex and vid grade crt; I know, the 4% speedup, and the occasional prob with those extra scan lines announcing theirselves).
*But it is nice to see it with the extra res.* But Tartan's picture is not the repaired one that Criterion has. The boat in the harbor scene is marred by a film tear that momentarily appears, whereas on the Criterion there is no such "marring" of the picture at that point. And there are some other *spot* film mars.
And of course, the Tartan does not have the extras to the extent of the Criterion. Still, the anamorphic is a *nice* shot in the arm, PAL notwithstanding.
------------------

Neil
Oh, absolutely, I was holding out hope for it to brighten up once I fiddled with the pots. But . . . .
film tears, WAY too dark, yeah .. .
well, guess I gotta go see a man about a disc.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks