What's new

R2 Predator uncut? (1 Viewer)

KevinMB

Grip
thanks! now I can buy the R2 in all its uncut glory... I thought I was gonna have to buy it for the extras and the R1 for the movie. thanks LOTS!

Jeff Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, don't flame me, but make sure you don't mind the PAL speedup on the R2/R4 before you buy it. It's why I sold mine! If you want to watch the film without speedup, I'd recommend the R3 Korean version from koreandvds. It retails for about $22 after shipping last time I checked. Due to PALs higher resolution, the R2/R4 version should look slightly better, though. Choose your poison I suppose.

Jeff Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing was cut from the R1, but it isn't a deluxe 2 DVD edition as is available oversease. Originally Predator was cut in the UK, but the most recent Special Edition is uncut, which is what Kevin wanted to verify.

From what I've read, we'll eventually get the Special Edition in R1, but the company feels they've released too many versions of Predator in the last couple of years to risk angering buying buy putting out yet another version. The two DVD set is excellent! It features DTS sound and a lot of great bonus material; interviews (both new and contemporary), features on the special effects, etc.

Jeff Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Ugh, so much for posting early in the morning! I meant to say "angering the buying public" by releasing yet another version of Predator in R1 so soon after the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks