R2 LOTR - missing easter eggs

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Anthony Neilson, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    I just discovered that the R2 UK discs of both FELLOWSHIP and THE TWO TOWERS are missing easter eggs.

The first - on the FELLOWSHIP E.E - is an MTV spoof, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. Supposedly slightly "blue",
    the extra was kept off the UK because our Great Protectors at the BBFC would've upgraded the rating if it had been kept on.

On the TWO TOWERS E.E, it's another clip from MTV of Andy Serkis and Gollum (?) accepting an award. I don't know why that's been kept off. Probably because we're R2 and we're scum. [​IMG]

2. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

Apparently it's a UK thing... France and Belgium have the easter eggs... [​IMG]

Vincent

3. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    ...which is why I went for the region 1...[​IMG]

On the other hand the region 2 'Die Another Day' has a one hour documentary which is not on the region 1 dvd, plus a few seconds of Bond shagging Jinx which was cut from the US copy, makes a nice change eh?

There's a couple of dvd comparison sites online that are quite useful before deciding which region to go for, and the BBFC butchers, bless'em, are very useful when it comes to letting us know how many seconds they are snipping from the latest releases (although to be fair they don't do that as much as they used to).

'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' remains butchered on dvd and video over here, nearly 20 years after it was made, well done guys.[​IMG]

4. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    Vincent - I'm going to send this smiley [​IMG] over to beat the shit out of your [​IMG] smiley !
    Tell us what happens on the easter eggs and I might let your smiley away with his life.

Steve - yeah but not much use to you if you're impatient and you want the TT disc now. Specs still aren't up at comparison sites and you wouldn't get info on a cut easter egg from the BBFC.

I got the R4 Indy and I was AMAZED at how much we've been missing from TOD. Not just the heartgrab (which is surprisingly graphic ) but Short Round getting whipped and Indy swearing and getting brutally punched in the chest.
    It's only about a minute of footage but it really makes the middle-act much darker.

By the way, the UK TOMORROW NEVER DIES is cut.
    One hand giveth . . .

5. Sean Ashley

Sean Ashley Extra

you mean TOD is STILL censored? what is this the middle ages? Zombie Flesh Eaters gets an uncut release yet TOD is still cut? LOL what a joke.

6. Olly Dean

Olly Dean HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

The Gollum acceptance speech would probably have upgraded the rating as well because he goes on a swearing rant in it ("Dobby's a f****** f**!!"). You can find it for download all over the place if you Google it so it's no great loss - I really recommend taking a look at it though.

7. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Just to let my region 2 brethren know that Gollum's MTV acceptance speech is still bleeped on the region 1 Two Towers dvd, was it ever shown unbleeped?
    Still f[BLEEP]ing hilarious though![​IMG]