R2 July 4 The Day That Panicked America - The H.G. Wells' War Of The Worlds Scandal

Discussion in 'DVD' started by oscar_merkx, Jun 10, 2005.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

2. SteveJKo

SteveJKo Second Unit

Yes, this is being released in R1, but I think it's release is a week earlier (in R1).

Many people will be dissapointed, they're confusing this title with the 1975 ABC made for TV movie THE NIGHT THAT PANICKED AMERICA, a dramatic re-telling of the events around the War Of The Worlds October 1938 broadcast, which has never been available on home video in any format.

I for one will definitely pick up this documentary. I just wish someone would release that ABC movie as well!

3. obscurelabel

obscurelabel Stunt Coordinator

Larry
    I'm sure the documentary will be interesting, but I'm one who, scanning the thread title, jumped into the thread thinking it was "The NIGHT That Panicked America" which is a great little film. Paul Shenar is terrific as Welles, and the re-creation of how a live radio broadcast was done is fascinating.

4. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I never knew that

5. SteveJKo

SteveJKo Second Unit

That's what hooked me!

6. Jim Dalton

Jim Dalton Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]

I HAVE "The Night That Panicked America" on DVD.

I recorded it on VHS when it was televised on USA network back in the mid-1980's, held onto it all these years and transferred it to DVD several months ago. I would love to have a DVD version that is an official release, but until then, I'll make do.

As for the DAY that Panicked Amnerica, I would love to see it. I enjoy listening to the Orson Wells broadcast every Halloween and just marvel at how they did things back then.