R2 - Babylon 5 season one - seeking info re: recall of disc 2?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MatthewLouwrens, Jul 29, 2003.

1. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

I have a question for those of you in r2 with the Babylon 5 season one discs.

The episode And The Sky Full of Stars, in both r2 and r4, has a problem in that any effects shots or shots involving CG were shown at the 1.33 ratio squashed into a 1.78 ratio - so the image looked short and fat.

I have heard that replacement discs have been offered in r2 with corrected versions of this episode. Is this true? If so, could someone please provide the details?

I ask because in the review of the r4 disc at Michael D's website, the following information is posted:

2. Moe*A

Moe*A Stunt Coordinator

Instructions on getting replacement of disc 2 for English Boxset customers

The temporary address for the replacement is:

Steven Hill
    Warner Home Video
    Warner House
    98 Theobald's Road
    London
    WC1X 8WB

Return ONLY Disc 2 (not the full box) together with full name and address. A covering letter explaining that you wish to replace the disc is a good idea. I must point out though that this is for UK customers you may want to write to them before sending your disc. But I do know lots of people bought the German set in the UK and managed to get replacements from WB Germany.

This has come about from 6 months worth of bugging WB. The remastered PAL discs do exist and there is no excuse for WB Australia not reissuing the R4 version.

Hope this info helps.

3. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

Moe - Thanks for that. Most helpful.

I posted a comment on this at Michael D's website. Unfortunately, the response was not good.