What's new

R rated movies that should have been PG-13 (1 Viewer)

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
I'll agree with The Matrix.
I would also say that Amadeus - The Director's Cut in no way deserved an R rating. In the UK, it's rating didn't even change and is still a PG rating, whereas in the US, the few seconds of nudity took it all the way from a PG to an R rating...

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Dark City - Not one curse word and very minimal violence, but it did feature a very nice shot of a naked Melissa George. Still though, it should have been PG-13.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
On the other end of the spectrum, I thought Minority Report was pushing a PG-13 and perhaps should have been an R. Lots of violence, and some cussing (though, from what I understand the language was acceptable for PG-13)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Planes, Trains & Automobiles!
Outside of that one scene, it's totally PG-13 material. But I'm glad that they left that one scene in. It's funny.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
How about The Frighteners? Minimal language, no nudity, mostly bloodless comic-book violence, and no real sex (except for the scene with Judge and the coffin, but that was played mostly for laughs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks