What's new

R.I.P Wolfgang Petersen (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another complete shock upon logging on this afternoon. His foreign films were really special and unique (love The 4th Man), and he certainly helmed some terrific English language movie-movie blockbusters.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Neverending Story. I felt his film was better than the book. Well, first part of the book that it used. Made me want a sequel. Well... a good one. I don't think even Peter Jackson can top that film with all his abilities at work. It might be overdone and far too serious. And nostalgia is a funny thing.

I also think of his turn on Poseidon. The movie is just okay. But I remember the ship flipping over at the beginning just being f-ing incredible years back. I could believe how real that looked. Of course San Andreas most likely topped it with crazy oceanliner effects. I nearly peed my pants on that one in 3D.

Anyway, first rate director! We are losing so many in the entertainment industry.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
So many great films to his credit! I always knew the movie wouldn’t just be run of the mill when his name was attached.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
He directed In The Line Of Fire- really like this one. RIP, Wolfgang.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
2006's Poseidon was Wolfgan's last big picture. Ending with a flop that's no way for any actor or director should end a vast career that Wolfgang had.

Last edited:

YANG

Screenwriter
Very sad, a great number of great movies in his catalog. So many different styles.
Maybe a Petersen marathon for the weekend ...
A pity that my copy of the POSEIDON DVD had rotted... I guess i can only dig out DAS BOOT, TROY, AFO, and PERFECT STORM to go through his works that lived in our heart.

Warner should consider giving his works a remaster in the new home video format. Such that those who're still holding to the DVD releases, wouldn't have to live through further losses due to DVD rots...

Herr Peterson, you'll be remembered. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks