What's new

R.I.P. Robert Stack (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
He was 84. Probably best known for his work in TV's The Untouchables and (much more recently) Unsolved Mysteries.

Veteran of dozens of films, to me he'll always be General Stillwell in Steven Spielberg's 1941.

Hell of a good actor.

RIP Mr. Stack.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Condolences to his family.

Excellent work in Douglas Sirk's Written On The Wind

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Wow, I had no idea he was 84 already! He looked like he was still in his 60's! He will definitely be missed...he was awesome in "Beavis and Butthead Do America" :) And Airplane! as well...RIP Mr. Stack!

"Give us the unit!"

"Why does everybody wanna see my schlong?"

:D

-Dennis

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Sad news, Stack was famous as Eliot Ness in classic tv series 'The Untouchables',
and was great in 'Airplane' as Rex Kramer punching and kicking people out of his way at the airport.

RIP Robert.:frowning:

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Sad to hear that. I always thought he was a good actor.

Several years ago, I went to the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam. It appears that she was a fan of Mr. Stack as well - she had newspaper photographs of him pinned on the wall.
Had I ever been given the opportunity to ask Robert Stack a question, I would have asked him if he knew about that.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Sad news. Mr. Stack started in films in the 40s. He was perenially young -looking and was one of a kind. RIP. A list of his films is here.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Every time I see a bunch of religious people beaten in an airport, I'll think of Robert Stack.

Thanks for the memories.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
He will always be remembered as being a man of class, strong moral fiber,and conviction. I can honestly say I never heard a bad thing about him. That's very rare for a Hollywood actor these days. As someone else said in a previous post, thanks for all the memories.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I picked up 1941 recently. I like to think that Robert Stack is watching Dumbo in that great theater in the sky.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
"Do you know what it's like, to get kicked in the head, with an iron boot?! No, of course not. No one does. That never happens. That's a dumb question, Ted. Skip that."

Just trying to bring in a ray of optimism in an otherwise sad thread. :)

Robert Stack R.I.P.

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
I grew up watching The Untouchables as a kid (in re-runs... I'm not *that* old...) and I always thought Eliot Ness was the coolest hero around!

RIP Robert Stack

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I'll always remember him for hosting the TV series 'Unsolved Mysteries'. He had a great voice and demeanor. RIP.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I remember watching Mr. Stack as Elliot Ness in "The Untouchables" when I was a kid in Hong Kong. And, of course, "Airplane" and "Unsolved Mysteries". Always a class act and a great actor in both dramas and comedies.

RIP, Mr. Stack. You'll be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks