What's new

R.I.P. Richard Anderson, "Oscar Goldman" in The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Damn

I believe he was the only actor to simultaneously play the same character on two different networks at the same time .

He was also in Scaramouche

MattHR

Screenwriter
Damn

I believe he was the only actor to simultaneously play the same character on two different networks at the same time .

Martin E. Brooks, who played Dr. Rudy Wells, also simultaneosuly appeared on both Six Million Dollar Man on ABC and Bionic Woman on NBC during the shows' final 1977-78 season. Sadly, Brooks passed away at 90 almost two years ago.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Damn

He was also in Scaramouche
and Forbidden Planet ...
fp_07.jpg

RIP Richard

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Always found him an enjoyable actor in movies and various TV shows. He will be much missed. I always enjoyed his work as the fuddy-duddy in I Love Melvin.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
This hurts - he was the last surviving regular from Perry Mason having been cast in S9 as Lt. Drumm. He also appeared on the Markham series and the 80s revival with Burr.

Heck, he was in just about everything from the 60s - 80s. The last time I saw him was in a ME-TV commercial from just a couple years back inviting viewers to "watch me on ME" accompanied by clips of many shows he had done.

Prayers to his family and RIP to one of the best character actors of his generation.

MattHR

Screenwriter
It's a good thing that "Six Degrees of Separation" game was created around Kevin Bacon. If it had been Richard Anderson, it wouldn't be a very challenging game, since I can't think of another actor who was busier at the height of his career.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I believe he was the only actor to simultaneously play the same character on two different networks at the same time

If you looked at his resume, he was probably on all the popular genre shows we all loved over the years. From the way people talk, he was the driving force on getting the Bionic Reunion films made as well. Truly a remarkable career.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I remembered Richard Anderson in movies like Forbidden Planet, Scaramouche, Kubrick's Paths of Glory, Frankenheimer's Seven Days in May and Seconds and on countless episodic parts including the second Kolchak telefilm ("Kolchak, The Night Strangler") and one Columbo ("Lady in Waiting").

He was employed by producer Quinn Martin many times: see Twelve O'Cloch High, The Fugitive, The Invaders, The FBI, Dan August as the recurring Chief George Untermeyer, The Streets of San Francisco, Cannon, Barnaby Jones.

He was always typecasted as officials of the State or high military officers.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Yes Rest in Peace. I find it is becoming a bigger drag and heartbreak to constantly see actors you enjoyed dying. I know it is reality after all the shows we remember them from took place decades ago. Still it is depressing.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
It's true...Richard Anderson was in just about everything we love, movies and TV...a small irony that he passes away just a couple days after the 50th anniversary of "The Day the Running Stopped"...among his many roles. Doctor Richard Kimble's brother in law on The Fugitive finale, having played other characters along the way on that show...he was probably in every QM series, with at least two dozen credits with QM alone...many great examples of his fine work have already been mentioned, and many more come to mind...for anyone who has not heard it, Richard Anderson provided a commentary on the Steve Canyon episode, 'Operation B-52', directed by the recently passed Arthur Hiller and written by Charles Beaumont ( Twilight Zone)...for me, one of Richard Anderson's best roles was in the season 2 Combat! episode, 'A Silent Cry'...but he delivered countless fine performances...

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Paths of Glory (1/11) Movie CLIP - A Stroll Through the Trenches

Richard Anderson, "Paths of Glory" (1957)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Very long and distinguished character actor career in films and TV. The earliest series he was a regular cast member of I think was "Bus Stop". I'll always associate him with the simple phrase, "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him".

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Richard Anderson appeared three times in a Kirk Douglas films:
The Story of Three Loves (1953)
Paths of Glory (1957)
Seven Days in May (1964)​

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
The flip side of The Six Million Dollar Man: Seconds in which a surgeon played by Richard Anderson ends the life of a reborn.

Watch from 6:14.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks