Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
The hellish year of loss continues MAY HE R.I.P

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'd long forgotten about him but back in the 1950s when I was still a small boy, I was a big fan of Jerry Lee Lewis.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
While it is sad when one of these icons pass, Jerry Lee did live to a fairly ripe old age considering his adventurous and misadventurous life. I seem to remember that he almost died in the mid 80's from a perforated ulcer or something similar. I have a Wurlitzer replica jukebox in my house (won it in a contest decades ago) that plays 45's. I only load it with music from the 40's through the 60's. The Killer is represented with Great Balls of Fire, Whole Lotta Shakin' and High School Confidential. RIP.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
While it is sad when one of these icons pass, Jerry Lee did live to a fairly ripe old age considering his adventurous and misadventurous life. I seem to remember that he almost died in the mid 80's from a perforated ulcer or something similar. I have a Wurlitzer replica jukebox in my house (won it in a contest decades ago) that plays 45's. I only load it with music from the 40's through the 60's. The Killer is represented with Great Balls of Fire, Whole Lotta Shakin' and High School Confidential. RIP.
They are all gone -- sad - we lost too many greats this year. He had a rough and tumble career amazing he and Mickey Gilley and Jimmy Swaggart were all cousins Swaggart tells some great stories of them growing up as teens GOD bless him and May he and his family find Peace that he is home with the Lord

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
They are all gone -- sad - we lost too many greats this year. He had a rough and tumble career amazing he and Mickey Gilley and Jimmy Swaggart were all cousins Swaggart tells some great stories of them growing up as teens GOD bless him and May he and his family find Peace that he is home with the Lord

Jimmy Swaggart

dooenStsprtfm6mh9ah86f4665f707uha1li84c5tu173m52ttm9g0f7168i ·

It is with great sadness that I say goodbye to my cousin Jerry Lee Lewis.
It’s been my privilege to have Jerry Lee in my life as both family and friend.
I will always be thankful that I had the opportunity to work with Jerry Lee before he passed from this world.
But what I am most thankful for is the knowledge, the certainty, that Jerry Lee has gone home to be with his Lord and Savior.
Please keep his family in your prayers.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
RIP to the Killer. He put out what many call the best live album ever produced Which Was Jerry Lee Lewis Live at the Star Club in Hamburg. The version of Mean Woman Blues is basically vinyl napalm....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks