What's new

R.I.P. James Doohan (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Sad. I knew after seeing him at a Convention a couple of years ago that he was not in good health and would be the next out of the original cast to go.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I've never seen an episode of Star Trek, but with my name I can't tell you how many times I heard "Beam me up, Scotty" when I was a kid.

RIP, Scotty

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
FYI: "Beam me up, Scotty" is perhaps the most common misquote in the history of television or movies. No one ever said that; the closest Kirk ever came was, "Scotty, beam me up", or, "Beam us up, Scotty."

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
He was a great character actor. He added a true sense of realism to some very unreal scenes on Star Trek. I'm sure his signature role, Scotty, will live on for many, many years to come.

Let's hope that this veteran actor of television and the silver screen is not left out of the necrology at the Emmys and Oscars as DeForest Kelley was.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Lets also remember that he fought on D-Day and was shot six times taking a middle finger. He hid it very well on the show.

RIP

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Aye, full speed ahead Captain! Rest in peace, Mr. Doohan, and thanks for the memories!

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

"He stayed at his post, while the trainees ran."

"...if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon." (re: Excelsior, which is "supposed to have transwarp drive")

"Admiral, there be whales here!"

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
My friend Ty and I had the great honor of meeting him once at a convention many years ago. He was hilarious. He did "Scotty" with several different accents. Seemed very spry too for a big guy. He also had a bit of a resmblance to my Pop too, which was neat growing up. Goint to miss him alot. Have to watch "wolf in the fold" soon in honor. Anybody else gonna watch some TREK???

:frowning: d

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
This makes me sad, but then I think of my favorite Scotty line and it cheers my sad tears up.

Geordi: "Sorry, I don't have time to talk right now. I promised Captain Picard I'd have these scans ready for him in an hour."
Scotty: "Ah, but how long will it really take?"
Geordi: "An hour!"
Scotty: "Ack, laddie! You dinna tell him how long it'll really take did'ya? You'll never be known as a miracle worker like that!"

(paraphrased)

Cheers James. I'll tip one back for you tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks