What's new

R.I.P Edd Byrnes (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I always enjoyed his performance as "Kookie" on 77 Sunset Strip, and his 45 record Kookie - Lend Me Your Comb. His movie career never really took off , although he remained active in film and TV work for quite a while . He'll be fondly remembered by those of us who grew up during the nineteen fifties . Meanwhile,I really wish 77 Sunset Strip would be released on DVD.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
For me growing up, he was the essence of "cool," and I was very sad to read of his passing. Fond wishes to family and friends.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I was listening to "Pink And Black Days " radio program on Serius Radio today . The show focuses on the 1950s . Today , they had a tribute to Ed Byrnes with a recent interview . Byrnes mentioned that all of the hipster dialogue was written for him , and his job was to make the character believable . Ed did a great acting job as Kookie . He also mentioned that he never sang , and was informed by the producers that he would be making a record. The resulting Kookie Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb sold over 2 million copies ! They played the song and some audio clips from the show. Nice tribute .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks