I loved him in “Sack Lunch”

Great in Wargames, also Cloak and Dagger was a childhood favorite

RIP

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I always enjoyed him in anything I saw him in. One of my favorite roles of his was in the Tom Hanks movie The Man With One Red Shoe, in which he really sold the line “Come on! What are the chances of the Russians attacking on a Thursday night?!? Now come on!”*

RIP

* quote from memory; haven’t seen the movie in forever because it’s not available on Blu-ray!

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
So weird that Dabney Coleman popped into my head not two days ago. Driving to work, I wondered randomly, out of the blue, where he got the name “Dabney” from. What is that even?

I think I was free-associating Once Upon a Time in the West with Henry Fonda, father of Jane Fonda. She starred in On Golden Pond with her dad… and Dabney.

Anyway, if I suddenly think very strongly about anyone on this forum, I’m sorry. You probably had it coming. We all got it coming, kid.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
He was so memorable as the sleazy Merle Jeter in "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman". He was a real con artist, and he and his young son evangelist Jimmy Joe Jeter, were going to establish Condos for Christ. As he was quoted in the obituary, the role changed his career and may be the best thing he ever did.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
RIP Mr Coleman.

Memorable in 9 to 5 and Tootsie, and so good in WarGames I felt sympathy for him when he was being lambasted by Barry Corbin’s General Berlinger!
He had a great comeback to Corbin’s character- “I don’t have to take that, you pig-eyed sack of shit!”
RIP, great screen presence.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Watched him in many television shows and films, and he almost always played a jerk (magnificently). Then, he shows up in On Golden Pond as someone we had never seen before, and I was REALLY impressed. R.I.P. for a wonderful actor.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I'd love to see this long forgotten Dabney Coleman film get released.

Desslar

Screenwriter
Real Name
Stephen
I really enjoyed the movies he starred in. I wasn't aware he starred in so many classic TV shows- Bonanza, The Love Boat, Barnaby Jones, Mannix etc.

R.I.P.
He partnered up with Columbo once. Wish he'd been a recurring character.

Robert Saccone

Premium
He partnered up with Columbo once. Wish he'd been a recurring character.
Actually he was in 2 episodes. In the episode with Martin Landau he played a cop. In a later episode made when the series came back he played a murderer. He also played a police officer in an episode of Quincy M.E. Great actor. Don’t really like the headline about making a career out of playing jerks though. I would have preferred something bent more towards acknowledging his excellent comedic abilities in acting instead.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Dolly Parton's emotional tribute to Dabney:

"Dabney was a great actor and became a dear friend," she began her statement. "He taught me so much when I was doing my first movie, 9 to 5. He was funny, deep and smart."

She added. "We remained friends through the years and I will miss him greatly, as many people will. Love, Dolly."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azy
Recent bookmarks