R.I.P. Carl Reiner

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah this is a tough one.

Him and Steve Martin did four terrific movies together.

The Comic seems to be a forgotten movie but is another great film.
Dick Van Dyke starred as an long forgotten silent film star who’s ego seems to have gotten the best of him.

Wiseguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Thanks, Carl, for all the laughs during my lifetime.

I always think of a line from the Dick Van Dyke show (which ironically doesn't even involve Carl being on screen). Mel Cooley walked into the writer's room with some crumpled up paper. It turns out it was the result of Alan Brady not liking their script for a skit in an upcoming episode of The Alan Brady Show. Sally asks, "Did Alan do that?" And Buddy responds, "Yup. That's Alan's crumple."
Coincidentally, one of the few times the writers repeated themselves on the show. That line can be heard on two episodes, one is "I Was a Teenage Head Writer," the flashback episode where Rob met Sally and Buddy. Don't recall which episode was the other. Another repetition was the song "The Musicians" sung by the cast seen on the Christmas episode (in costume) and the Laurel and Hardy episode.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
It’s too bad chnnales like TCM can’t or won’t offer it on their app without tHe need to log into a service provider. Since Comcast put it into a sports tier and requires $10 payment a month to access that tier I’ve not been able to watch.

I might watch Dead Men Don’t wear Plaid tonight.

Garysb

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
ME TV is repeating the Carl Reiner favorite Dick Van Dyke shows that he chose when ME TV starting running the show on Sunday nights. Beginning this Sunday July 5th. The colorized ones on CBS will be shown in glorious black and white on ME TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: TravisR

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyhill1