What's new

QVC "burn in" (1 Viewer)

I've just purchased a new TV about 3 months ago. Whenever I turn to either QVS or HSN the white box that has the product info slowly starts to turn blue. The longer I leave it on the "bluer" it gets. When I change the channel the blue remains but slowly fades away after a while. What's going on? Could this be "burn in"?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Could be the first signs of it... have you calibrated your set with a calibration DVD? if not, just turn down the contrast, turn up the brightness A BIT to compensate, then see how it goes...

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Does not sound like burn in. Very important though, is what kind of TV is it? It could be deflection(overheating) of the aperture grille, causing color shift. This is not a good thing, and is usually corrected by lowering the white level.

this assumes that it is a non-trinitron direct-view CRT. Otherwise, I have no idea. But it definitely does not sound like burn-in.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
And I tried not to mention it, but I can't help but point out: why are you watching shopping channels!? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.