QVC "burn in"

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John Dickerson, Apr 4, 2004.

1. John Dickerson

I've just purchased a new TV about 3 months ago. Whenever I turn to either QVS or HSN the white box that has the product info slowly starts to turn blue. The longer I leave it on the "bluer" it gets. When I change the channel the blue remains but slowly fades away after a while. What's going on? Could this be "burn in"?

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Could be the first signs of it... have you calibrated your set with a calibration DVD? if not, just turn down the contrast, turn up the brightness A BIT to compensate, then see how it goes...

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Does not sound like burn in. Very important though, is what kind of TV is it? It could be deflection(overheating) of the aperture grille, causing color shift. This is not a good thing, and is usually corrected by lowering the white level.

this assumes that it is a non-trinitron direct-view CRT. Otherwise, I have no idea. But it definitely does not sound like burn-in.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

And I tried not to mention it, but I can't help but point out: why are you watching shopping channels!? [​IMG]