What's new

Qustion On the Polk LSiFX Speakers (1 Viewer)

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
I have recently bought a new Sony STR-DA4ES Receiver and I have been looking at the Polk LsiFX speakers to use for the 7.1 effects. but was wondering if any one here has used these speakers and if so whats your feeling on them. also if any body would like to help me on this decision please feel free to reply. I'm adding them to a system that I built when i was 21. the room size is 18'x14' system that I have now consysts of a 36" Sony Vega,Bose accustamast 15,Velodyne CHT-12,Sony dvp-c670d dvd player and str-de935 receiver "till my new one arrives".
The reason for this question im looking for a good pair of bipole/dipole speakers that i can mount on the wall across from the viewing area.

Thanks
Shannon

Gil D

Supporting Actor
The Polk LSiFX should make for great rears and the Sony is very good for HT (I have the DA5es). A buddy has the Bose cubes and is also interested in the new Polk's so I lent him my LSi9's. His biggest complaint with the Bose is with the center channel (cube) but surround effects aren't bad in his small room.

A pair of LSi9 and LSi-FX should make for a very good combo for around $1200.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
I've also got a complete Lsi set up and am very pleased with their performance. As for using the FX's as a rear channel speaker, I would suggest a direct radiating speaker instead. The FX's will offer better dispersion if used as a surround speaker. You might try the Lsi 7's for the rear channels instead. The tough part your particular upgrade is the fact that the Lsi series are so superior to the Bose speakers that you've got that it will be difficult not to upgrade those too. Then again maybe thats a good thing. ;)
If you are planning on keeping the Bose gear, try to find a better match, more cubes I guess.
The Lsi speakers are rated at 4 ohms nominal. Make sure your electronics can handle them. My receiver is rated at 6-16 ohms and ran fine with my "Old" Polks (RT series) but the Lsi's are really making it work. I am making the jump to seperates so that won't be a problem for me in a few days.

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
I had though about adding more cubes but I never could get a answer weather I could run the Bose cubes with out using there amp and Cross over in the sub? But I have found out that the da4es can be run @ 4ohms.the reason for me looking at the Lsi's is because when the money is available I will be upgrading to a complete Lsi system.
Thanks
Shannon

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
I would first upgrade the fronts to LSi before going to your rears, the LSi is going to sound so much better than the bose. Why not atleast now upgrade the Front left, right, and center, if you don't know the money to upgrade the rest now, and use the cubes for the surrounds.

Miklsan K

Agent
Doug,
Polk just announced the LCi In-walls at CEDIA. These are In-wall speakers that use LSi-type drivers and should be voice matched to the LSis. I am not sure when they are shipping, however. You may want to try the Club Polk forum or email Polk customer service.

Arron H

Second Unit
Shannon,

Paul makes a great point when he asks:

Why not atleast now upgrade the Front left, right, and center, if you don't know the money to upgrade the rest now, and use the cubes for the surrounds.
This would be a tremendous upgrade across the front and the cubes should work adequately for the time being as surrounds. The surrounds are mainly for effect - it seems like it would be a shame to use the far superior Polks as the surrounds while maintaining the Bose cubes up front.

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Right now im considering to do just that! trying to find the best deal on the LSi9 for the front. But the center will have to wait. I have the Bose vcs-10 center now. but will upgraded to the polk next month. " I hate having to buy one piece at a time." so what you guys are saying that the polk lsi's would be the best deal for the money. After the speaker upgrade then comes the amps! but that's a hold different question buy it self. And there again guys!!! Thanks
Shannon

DougG

Auditioning
Miklsan

Thanks for the info. Don't currently own any Polks so I can't get into Club Polk. But I'll check around for info on them. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks