What's new

Qustion about Sony 16:9 enhancement feature (1 Viewer)

Truan

Auditioning
I just got a widescreen Sony: KV-30HS420.

Reading through the manual, I noticed that other screen sizes in the line have a specific feature called "16:9 enhancement", but the 30" does not.

My question is: Since mine does not have this feature, will I get the intended result from DVD's that are "enhanced for 16:9 TV's"? Is the Sony feature necessary to enjoy this?

My guess is that I will, and that the Sony enhancement feature just squeezes the scan lines and gives an even clearer picture. But, I'm not familiar with the feature, so I wondered if anyone here could clear it up for me.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Your TV is widescreen already, and HD at that, so it doesn't need 16:9 enhancement. That feature allows a 4:3 set to display 16:9 material without wasting any lines of resolution for the black bars at the top and bottom. Your TV will display fully 16:9 material anyway.

Truan

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply.

Why would a 16:9 TV have this feature? For standard aspect ratio (4:3) programs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks