What's new

Qus on SVS and HSU (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
But Marko told me this was true. Who am I to believe???? ;)

Seriously though I don't believe musicality is somehting specific to one sub unless one can't really play the lowest end of the spectrum and both do well.

One other difference which to some is a big deal is where they are made:

Hsu is chinese made while SVS is american. I thought that the TN might be american so someone correct me?

thapa

Agent
Mate, I'm from New Zealand. Everything here is foreign made anyways.

Plus the NZ market hasn't fully matured yet. It's still full of mass produced crap and the good ones (which include a few kiwi gems) cost an arm and a leg.

I can get an entry level Yamaha, convert the currency, pay the shipping, GST (VAT for Americans) and the Import duty and still costs NZ$200-$300 less. (As I found out, the price is high because of the manufacturer's wholesale price. They will sell the same stuff at a wholesale price of USD300 to the US and USD400 to NZ. You get the picture.)

Coming back to the topic after that ranting...

Sure is hard to decide between SVS and HSU. Especially since there ain't nary a negative press to be found for either.

And by the way Craig, having wife problems? Know how to give a good massage? There's answer to all your life's problems. :emoji_thumbsup:

Cheers all.

thapa

Agent
Mate, I'm from New Zealand. Everything here is foreign made anyways.

Plus the NZ market hasn't fully matured yet. It's still full of mass produced crap and the good ones (which include a few kiwi gems) cost an arm and a leg.

I can get an entry level Yamaha, convert the currency, pay the shipping, GST (VAT for Americans) and the Import duty and still costs NZ$200-$300 less. (As I found out, the price is high because of the manufacturer's wholesale price. They will sell the same stuff at a wholesale price of USD300 to the US and USD400 to NZ. You get the picture.)

Coming back to the topic after that ranting...

Sure is hard to decide between SVS and HSU. Especially since there ain't nary a negative press to be found for either.

And by the way Craig, having wife problems? Know how to give a good massage? There's answer to all your life's problems. :emoji_thumbsup:

Cheers all.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Thapa... Giving good massages to my bride is why I own 9 subwoofers... :emoji_thumbsup:

And you will be getting a great subwoofer regardless which way you go...

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Thapa... Giving good massages to my bride is why I own 9 subwoofers... :emoji_thumbsup:

And you will be getting a great subwoofer regardless which way you go...

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I think powered subs are definitely more popular than the passive units. Plug-n-play ease, and the on-board features are an integral part of the overall performance package.

That might help explain the relative popularity of the SV powered cylinders as compared to passive cylinders - both SVS and other brands.

Ditto for why the powered Hsu boxes outsell the passive Hsu cylinders. In fact, I think the TN1220 is being discontinued after this current production run?

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I think powered subs are definitely more popular than the passive units. Plug-n-play ease, and the on-board features are an integral part of the overall performance package.

That might help explain the relative popularity of the SV powered cylinders as compared to passive cylinders - both SVS and other brands.

Ditto for why the powered Hsu boxes outsell the passive Hsu cylinders. In fact, I think the TN1220 is being discontinued after this current production run?

Richard_M

Second Unit
Thapa...

Have you sent SVS an email for pricing of a sub shipped door to door? you maybe surprised at how cost effective it can be.

You may have to get the HSU from the Australian distributor, which could add extra expense, compared to a SVS.

Richard_M

Second Unit
Thapa...

Have you sent SVS an email for pricing of a sub shipped door to door? you maybe surprised at how cost effective it can be.

You may have to get the HSU from the Australian distributor, which could add extra expense, compared to a SVS.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Thapa,

For the record, I own a "NAVMAN" Brand GPS module for my PDA that I use for business travel. Guess where it's made?

NZ that's where! ;^)

FTR PT2: We ship to NZ and Australia all the time. So all we'd need is an address and the model SVS you are interested in to do a shipping quote for air freight.

We don't release our sales records or demographics but I can can say in general that our powered cylinders are very strong sellers, but boxes have been selling very well too. You might have noted that except for one example (the PB1-ISD and 25-31PCi) none of our boxes and cylinders are directly comparable. All others differ in terms of finish (real hardwood versus fabric... or the number or woofers etc).

I can also say that generally the cylinder subs (powered and passive) tend to be more attractive to those outside the US because the lighter cylinders tend to be less expensive to ship (which is true IN the USA too but costs to those "down under" are understandably higher).

Hope this helps some.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks