Quixtar

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adil M, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Tell me about Quixtar. I've had about ten guys try to recruit me for this program. It looks like a pyramind scheme.

2. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    Quixtar is/was Amway. Technically, it isn't a pyramid scheme because it's possible for a person to make more money than the person who sponsors them, which is what defines a pyramid scheme. Most people confuse the term "pyramid scheme" with multi-level marketing, which is inclusive of pyramid schemes.

It's not a bad idea, but you need to be careful about what "groups" you get involved with in Quixtar. I'll stay neutral because I know some family friends who have been highly successful in it, but I also know some people who were just the opposite.

3. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

Quixtar is run by Scamway (Amway)... I too have had countless friends and associates who got wrapped up in it. Funny thing is, each one of them believed that they would have enough money to retire in a few years. I'm not sure if the Amway cronies told them this, or if they had illusions of grandeur.

Needless to say, not a single one of them ever made any significant amount of money. I remember having countless discussions with them, trying to talk them out of it. But, when one gets into someone's head and offers them the chance of "unlimited financial success," you'd be surprised at the lengths people would go to actually believe what that person is preaching.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    If you want to find out about it, this is the wrong place to do it. Find someone that is in it and get the information from the horse's mouth.

5. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Second Unit

Jonathan Burk
    The best site I've ever seen about Network Marketing is here:
    http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html
    He discusses network marketing from a business standpoint, and really debunks a lot of the crap you'll get from the standard MLM spiel.
    I've known a lot of people who were involved in "network marketing". None of them made any money. The funniest thing about Amway are all the people who get rich by selling expensive motivational cassette tapes about how to get rich. (Tip: don't buy the tapes from Amway, get them on Ebay from all the other suckers who bought them from Amway and are jumping ship).
    While the sites found here are definitely "one sided", you should definitely read what they have to say and do your homework:
    http://directory.google.com/Top/Busi...y_and_Quixtar/

6. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

I was in it, not anymore. How are you supposed to sell things (outside Amway products) with prices MUCH higher than MSRP?

Buy Amway products (they are actually really good), but don't be the seller.

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Why do you suppose they keep changing their name? They used to be Amway, then they were some other name I don't remember, now they are Quixtar!?!?

I would be leery of joining an outfit that changes names every few years.

8. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

Sad to admit, my wife and I got suckered to join Quixstar a year or so ago. I cost us 100 bucks to join (through her uncle nonetheless who probably had a fat lobster dinner on us) and without begging and pleading people to join under you, your not gonna make any money. Were not pushy type of people so it wasnt our cup of tea.[​IMG]
    Good luck, Mike

9. Trace Downing

Trace Downing Supporting Actor

Trace Downing
    Interesting note about Amway...
    It turns out that the eternal rumor that Proctor and Gamble is a satanic company and donates to the church of Satan, was started by "Independent Amway distributers".[​IMG]
    Snopes has a lengthy story.
    http://www.snopes2.com/
    Go to business> corporate alliances