Quirkyalone

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Cameron Yee, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I discovered this moniker last night, described in detail here:

www.quirkyalone.net

I scored very high on the quiz and I would have to agree that I very much fit the mold. I think I found my new label, though on a certain level I think it sounds dumb [​IMG]

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    How quirkyalone are you?
    Your score was 108. Very quirkyalone:
    Relatives may give you quizzical looks, and so may friends, but you know in your heart of hearts that you are following your inner voice. Though you may not be romancing a single person, you are romancing the world. Celebrate your freedom on National Quirkyalone Day, February 14th!

Sigh.

- Steve

3. Mario Bartel

Mario Bartel Stunt Coordinator

111 [​IMG]

4. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I scored a 117 so don't feel bad. Actually, I don't think you should feel bad at all for it.

5. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

I got 80, which means I'm quirkytogether. I get the point of this, but why "quirky"? My understanding of the work quirky relates to synonyms like: eccentric, geeky, idiosyncratic etc.
    While I do have some of these qualities myself I highly doubt that all people fitting this title absolutely *have* to be quirky in some way...

6. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I didn't get the sense you HAVE to be quirky for this to fit. But then I think most interesting people have some kind of quirkiness.

7. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i got 80 as well.

CJ

8. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

72, so I'm quirkytogether. Some of my answers were due to the fact that I'm married, but the only reason that happened is because I found someone just as quirky as myself.

9. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

This shouldn't be surprising. In fact today I'm taking one of my "alone" days. No calls or visits with friends. Just time to spend with myself. I try to do this at least a couple of times a month to help keep my sanity.

10. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    It's nice to know there are similar people out there. I may like alone time but I don't like being alone in my experiences.

When I used to live in the dorms I had a greater need for alone time. There were many times I would be sitting with a big group of friends and suddenly feel this need to get away. I did so, knowing that I might be perceived as a loner, but knowing everyone would like me better for it and vice versa. Now that I live on my own I can say my life is pretty balanced. I see my friends on a weekly basis but get plenty of alone time too. I still have my bouts when I can go for three or four days with no contact with anyone, but I try to avoid that in some cases because I find I actually have trouble communicating after such long periods.

The somewhat ironic thing is I can easily go the opposite direction when I find someone I feel a connection with. I think that is also mentioned on the site. As a person who strives for a healthy balance I have yet to figure out how to deal with those relationships when they come.