What's new

Quintuplets (1 Viewer)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I'm 12 minutes in, and it's garbage. I can't believe we get this instead of Andy Richter Controls the Universe. Whereras that show was original and unique, this is just standard family sitcom bullshit.

Wow, it's every high school archetype living together, and they're all brothers and sisters - brilliant. Laugh track :angry:.

Anyone else watch?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I thought the concept had a lot of potential, but the show itself was crap. Maybe it will get better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I gave up on it in less than 10 minutes.

I also wonder how Andy Richter Controls the Universe is cancelled, then some programming genius decides Quintuplets deserves to be broadcast.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Really? I thought it was edgy, hip...ok, just kidding. Well, it was not as bad some people are talking of it. The Quints is an idea that could be really funny. There are several little bits, like premature quint, the bulletin board, and the brother who eats batteries, that could make this show different than others. Of course, I loved the Pitts, so you probably disagree with me. At least admit this was better than Method and Red!

Ryan

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
method and red was funny.
it was hip and a little edgy.

while the quints was, as has been said, every sitcom tv show personality cliche' all in one family.
it made me think of "the who's" album quadraphenia.
as each character only seems to have one personality trate.

and except quad was good.

but it will probably do well in the ratings because it's "safe" for typical ratings generating tv watching people.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Just like The Smurfs or Star Trek: Voyager.

One thing that I found was interesting was that the theme song is the same one that was used during the ending credits of a local sketch comedy show called The John Report with Bob. (Which was a lot funnier than Quintuplets.)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I was wondering what Richter was thinking? Man this show was all paint by numbers, We've seen every situation in this sitcom before and it was better THEN. Let's see a Jock, a Brain, A Doofus, A popular trendy snob girl and her Geek sister, NEVER HEARD OF THAT BEFORE. Lame.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Putrid. The cool brother was tolerable, but the other two were beyond grating. The blond sister seemed to be copying the blond sister from 8 Simple Rules - badly. The "brothers kissing" gag was revolting, and the musical transitions were ripped off of That 70's Show. At least the laugh track enjoyed it.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
A lot of you seem to not understand the genius behind Fox's marketing, so let me explain it: Andy Richter Controls the Universe was a pretty damn funny show, so that shit had to go. This crap, on the other hand, once it gets cancelled, will give them them the clear message that the public simply does not like Andy Richter. :thumbsdown:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I didn't watch it, but based on the previews I'm surprised anyone watched it. I don't know what's worse...the fact that there is actually a thread on HTF about this show...the fact that I actually read the thread...or the fact that I'm replying to the thread.

I just caught it for the first time tonight and totally agree, its garbage. I don't get the concept, these kids are quintuplets? They don't even look related, let alone within 6 years of each other. Lame run through the treadmill stories and jokes.
GIVE ME BACK ARCTU!!

sad. sad. sad.

Oh, and I really enjoy Fox's evening laugh pack lineup. 3 episodes of '70s show and 2 Will and Graces 5 days a week. Fox rules, total genius programming...

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

That sounds like an affiliate decision, not Fox Network. Here in the D.C. area from 6:00 - 8:00 is Simpsons, Simpsons, Friends, Seinfeld.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks