What's new

Quieting Xbox 360 tips (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Lately my Xbox 360 seems louder than I ever remember it, its set atop a rear projection tv next to my center channel. I use it to stream all my music to my HT. It is really loud and Im looking for ways that any of you guys have tried to help quiet it down a bit, without modding it possibly. For instance, I was contemplating building a box to cover it with proper holes in it to ventilate and soundproof it, like a projector box (is it called a shadow box?). Anyone else do anything that helped this problem. I know its a known issue with the 360 but its becoming unbearable, its bad enough Ill probably buy a new one if the Zephyr one ever gets out, but until then, I need some ideas.

Real Name
Tim Phillips
I have heard some that are quieter than others so its hard to say what will work. Just make sure you give the fan some room to breathe or it could overheat.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
There is a rumor that the upcoming Spring 2007 XBox 360 software update will include firmware to make the drives run quieter. I hope this is true. My 360 (purchased brand-new only 2 months ago) can get very loud when a disc is spinning inside the drive.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
The odd thing, is that My 360 doesn't get very loud, until after I stop a disc from playing, then it gets louder. totally opposite from what most people claim, I don't know whats going on with it, Ive had it probably about a year, if that, other than that complain, I don't have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks