What's new

Quietest 1080 Projector on the Market (1 Viewer)

lumail

Auditioning
Real Name
Lucas Myers
Hi everyone, I am looking for a projector to use during a live performance, my budget is in the $1000 range, and one of the major prerequisites is that the projector be as quiet as possible. I did a google search and found some info from a few years ago but it doesn't really help me with current models. I am in a small town, so I don't really have the opportunity to check them out, but if anyone has any info on current models that they have found have quieter fans, I would really appreciate it, it would at least narrow down my search. Optoma is one that has come up in my searches, just wondering if there are any more out there that I should keep an eye out for.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Curious...What kind of live performance is so quiet that you could actually hear the fan from a projector vs. the folks involved in the performance?

lumail

Auditioning
Real Name
Lucas Myers
It's a one man show that I often perform in smaller spaces. The fan does become white noise certainly, I'm just trying to find one that is less white noisy than others, since I'm the one who is working over the sound. I usually perform with no amplification. I was looking at the BenQ 1075 but apparently the fan is pretty noisy, so I'm just trying to see if anyone has one thats like "This one is great!". I realize I'm never going to get something totally silent, just trying minimize the ambient sound a bit.

lumail

Auditioning
Real Name
Lucas Myers
Excellent! Thanks! I'm up in Canada, I'll look into availability up here. I'm compiling a list so if anyone else want to chime in please do, but that's a great start.

lumail

Auditioning
Real Name
Lucas Myers
I recommend the Optoma HD25-LV 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
I have been blown away at the picture quality, and it is also super quiet.

Any thoughts on getting the wireless HDMI setup? I am running the video off of my laptop back stage (within eyeline) and then onstage, i've found a package refurbished for $746 canadian on Amazon.ca. Worth it for the wireless as well?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, the link is back in my post again. I never used the wireless version so I cant tell you how well it works but it looks like it is about $70 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks