Quiet Man SE on 3/26/02???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Swindoll, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

Just added to www.dvdpricesearch.com today and is only listed at www.dvdplanet.com. Artisan's website hasnt been updated in a long time, or it looks that way to me. Anybody have any info on this? Is it going to be a new transfer, the same transfer with new supplement, or just a price drop?? Great film, lousy DVD transfer. I shouldnt complain too much since I picked it up at DDD for $9.36. [​IMG]
    Cheers.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    They are just dropping the MSRP from $20 to $15. It is the same disc by all indications.

Regards,

3. Henry V

Henry V Stunt Coordinator

I'm really sorry to hear that's there's no news about a SE of this film,frankly the Artisan DVD of the "Quiet Man' is the worst looking transfer of a movie from a major company that I own.At one point the sound goes out of synch with the lips just like a Japanese godzilla flick whereas the exact same scene on the videotape release is just fine.
    The "Making of Special" hosted by Leonard Maltin including clips from the movie looks fine,it's just the actual film that looks like it's been shot through a screen door.How could thay have done such a terrible job on such a classic movie?[​IMG]