Quiet fan mod on ECP 4101 FPTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NateF, Jan 11, 2003.

1. NateF

NateF Stunt Coordinator

I have an Electrohome ECP 4101 front projection TV. I am really happy with it except for one thing - the noise. The damn thing sits right above my head and the fans make quiet scenes very difficult to understand.

I've done some research and Panasonic makes some very low noise fans - the Panaflo series is the best I've seen.

I want to make it as quiet as possible without risking damage to the projector. Are two exhaust fans enough, or do I really need two intake fans as well? The ones I'm looking at are 70CFM, for reference (I'm assuming 120mm fans here... correct me if I'm wrong about the size).

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this, and what tips they might have for me.

Thanks,

-Nate

2. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

Hey, Nate, you may want to post this over at the CRT FP section at AVS forum, there are/have been several thread on modding fans and/or power supplies to quiet projectors.

3. NateF

NateF Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, thanks. After I posted it I remembered there's a much more active CRT crowd over there, but figured I might as well wait and see what I get from here.

-Nate