Quiet down the fan??????????PLV60HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Holt, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Scott Holt

Scott Holt Agent

Can a person quiet down the fan of the 6oht without making a hush box????? I have heard that some replace the fan and if so how and with what?????????

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Some folks have taken a length of clothes dryer vent hose, connected one end to the projector and put a fan at the other end led through a hole in a wall into a different room. The fan in the projector is disconnected.
    Don't use garden hose or even vacuum cleaner hose, you won't get enough air flow to cool the projector.
    Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

3. kirk sutter

kirk sutter Auditioning

Is it really that loud? I was thinking of purchasing one, but now you have me concerned.

4. Scott Holt

Scott Holt Agent

No not really but my wife thinks it should be perfectly quiet. She lets me have almost everything I want so I thought I would try and please her.

5. Ray Melnik

Ray Melnik Agent

Listen to see if you hear the fan change speeds. I have a Sanyo PLV-60 and it is very quiet. There might be something wrong with the unit. I mounted mine on a ceiling shelf and from there it is very low compared to even the lowest movie sound.

6. Jim Ferguson

Jim Ferguson Stunt Coordinator

I have the SE13HD which is the same machine, only with a Boxlight label. I find it to be much louder than I would like. It's not as loud as the NEC LT150 that I used to have, but it's way louder than my 150 pound Barco CRT projector...