Quicktime - Possible to Archive Audio Streams?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Larkin, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

Does anyone know if its possible to archive a Quicktime audio stream? My favorite band has a QT stream of a concert that I'd like to save. Previously, I'd hook one computer to another with a standard audio cable and play the stream on one and record on the other. This is cumbersome.

In iTunes, you can enter a URL and the stream will play. It even shows up on your playlist. But is there a way to retain a copy locally?

Thanks.

2. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Hmmm....I'm not aware of being able to archive any QT streams. I know how to archive Real Player streams, but not QT.

3. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

4. Patrick Larkin

Yes, thank you. this works. So, I have an audio stream in quicktime. I go into itunes and under advanced is "Open Stream" and once you enter the URL for the stream, it adds it to your list. Double clicking it starts the stream.

You can use the above software to launch iTuns and commence recording whatever is playing.

Thanks a lot!

5. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

6. Patrick Larkin

I tried that before posting this thread. It seemed to only rip Internet radio stations (Shoutcast) servers. You couldn't enter a URL for a stream and rip it.

The AudioHijack will record most anything including Real Audio, Windows Media, etc.

7. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Is there a similar tool for PC? I have some RA stuff I'd love to save locally.

-vince